Hello and welcome!
Thanks so much for joining me today! I popped in with a cute pirate card that features some absolutely amazing stamps from Purple Onion Designs! Today I played with fantastic illustrations designed by Shari Bresciani from “A Pirate’s Life” collection! I LOVE so much the whimsical and fun style of the entire bundle of stamps that suit so many occasions all year round!
- Maurice (Pirate Duck) Stamp
- Toucan Stamp
- Wood Barrel Stamp
- Tropical Island Stamp
- Pirate Possessions Stamp Set
- Pirate-ments Stamp Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Transotype Perfect Colouring paper Maurice (Pirate Duck), Toucan, Wood Barrel, two palm trees from Tropical Island set and a bottle from Pirate Possessions set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Fussy cut all the stamps with the sharp small scissors leaving a little white edge around.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- pink RV000-RV00-RV10-RV13-RV14
- green YG0000-YG00-YG01-YG17
- yellow Y00-Y13-Y18-Y17
- brown (barrel & hat) E0000-E50-E51-E53-E55-E57
- brown (palm trunks) E40-E41-E42-E43
- grey C00-C1-C3
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Ink the center of the card front with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide and Mermaid Lagoon Distress inks, using the blending brushes for a soft and smooth result.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray.
- Trim a slightly smaller (aprox. 5 1/4″ x 4″) rectangle from the same Neenah Solar White paper and die cut a circle in the center, using Heffy Doodle Stitched Circles Dies and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Heat emboss in white the sentiment from Pirate-ments Stamp Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the cardstock with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Arrange all the elements on the card front and glue them in place by popping some on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with some highlights added with a white gel pen and a couple of clear sparkling sequins.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute pirate card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!