Hello and welcome!
I’m SO glad you stopped by to see what crafty inspiration I have today! I’m up on the Heffy Doodle Blog with “Stretch Your Supplies” card series!!! It means that I’m focusing on how to get more from your craft supplies and think out of boxes, giving new life to your crafty stash! So let start!
Today I came up with a sweet and cute card that was literally created stretching all my stamp stash! I wanted so much to create a spring project, but had no spring sets on hand! So I flipped through all my Heffy Doodle collection of products and picked different single elements (like a flower pot, grass, the Sun) from multiple stamp sets that once put together magically transformed my card into a spring one! How cool is that!? To complete the scene, I went for a very simple solution by using a light blue cardstock from Heffy Doodle collection reminds me the blue spring sky. Thinking about bright sunny days, I decided to add some golden shine into my design. To tie all the elements together I used three products with a metallic gold finish: a detailed gold embossing paste for the sentiment, the tiny gold droplets for my background and some enamel dots as a finish touch.
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
- STAMPS AND DIES:
- Honey Bunny Boo Stamp Set (available at Heffy Doodle)
- Hot Diggity Dog Stamp Set (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Hot Diggity Dog Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Flying High Stamp Set (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Flying High Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Highland Honeys Stamp Set (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Highland Honeys Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Deer To Me Stamp Set (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Deer To Me Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Get Well Greetings Stamp Set (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Imperial Stitched Rectangles Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLES
- Heffy Doodle Alcohol Friendly Cardstock (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Heffy Doodle Coloured Cardstock – Mix 1 (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Heffy Doodle Glubert – Craft Glue (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Alcohol Friendly Cardstock all the elements you need, using the coordinating Hot Diggity Dog Dies, Flying High Dies, Highland Honeys Dies, Deer To Me Dies and Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustration with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool:
- the bunnies from Honey Bunny Boo Stamp Set
- the flower pots from Hot Diggity Dog Stamp Set
- the Sun from Flying High Stamp Set
- the grass from Highland Honeys Stamp Set
- the branches from Deer To Me Stamp Set
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- grey bunny W00-W0-W1-W3
- brown bunny & pots E0000-E40-E41-E42-E43-E44
- ginger bunny YR30-YR31-YR21-YR23
- dirt E50-E51-E55
- pink RV0000-RV00-RV10-RV13-RV14
- green YG00-YG01-YG13 & YG11-G43
- yellow Y00-Y13-Y18
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Die cut from Ice Blast cardstock the biggest stitched rectangle, using Imperial Stitched Rectangles Dies.
- Splatter the blue rectangle with some tiny droplets of a white gouache diluted with a small amount of water and a gold metallic spray.
- Cut apart the sentiment from Get Well Greetings Stamp Set with the sharp small scissors.
- Heat emboss it onto a piece of Neenah Solar White paper, using VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink, a super fine detailed gold embossing powder and a heat gun. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Shape the sentiment into a fish-tail banner with the sharp small scissors.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base, using Glubert – Craft Glue and a foam tape to add a bit of dimension.
- Finish with some highlights added with a white gel pen and a couple of matching gold enamel dots to tie all the elements together.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this sweet spring card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!