Hello and welcome!
Thanks so much for joining me today! I have a couple of spring sunny cards to share with you featuring a mix of wonderful “old” and “new” rubber stamps by Purple Onion Designs! Today’s project is all about amazing illustrations from Stacey Yacula! Hope you’re a fan of cute critters and spring vibes!!!
- PURPLE ONION DESIGNS STAMPS:
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Neenah Solar White paper Junie (Bunny with Bouquet), Slat Wood Cart and Flower Bed with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Fussy cut all the stamps with the sharp small scissors right against the outlines.
- Color all the illustrations with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- bunny W00-W1-W3
- cart E40-E41-E42-E43
- pink RV0000-RV000-RV10-RV02-RV04
- green YG00-YG01-YG05
- yellow Y11-Y13-Y15
- orange YR000-YR02
- gray T0-T1-T3
- Heat emboss in white onto black “hello” sentiment from Sweet Occasions Sentiment Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the cardstock with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Die cut three times the word “sunshine” from a bright yellow cardstock, using Sunburst Stencil. Stack all three layers together with a liquid adhesive that dies clear and matte like Distress Collage Medium Matte. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Mask the bottom part of the card front with a low tack tape, tape well Sunburst Stencil towards the top with the same low tack tape and ink the stencil with:
- Lift up the stencil without removing the masking tape underneath and add more color to the card front, using the same Distress inks and the blending brushes to achieve a nice and smooth result.
- Splatter the sky piece and the trees with some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray and inks diluted with a small amount of water.
- Arrange all the elements on the card front and glue them in place by popping some on a foam tape for fun dimensional look..
- Finish with a couple of clear iridescent sequins adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte and a few highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this sweet card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!