Hello and welcome to Day 2 of the Newton’s Nook January release! Thanks so much for joining me today! I can’t wait to share with you all the stunning new products!
All the new January products will be available for purchase on Friday, January 21st at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The second day of the wonderful new release has reserved us a beautiful flower set named Orchids. In case you’re interested, there’s the coordinating Orchids Die Set that will help you to die cut the flower shape.
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Orchids stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a floral birthday card with a soft copic coloring! Although Orchids Stamp Set is quite small, the beautiful flower itself is a big illustration and will easily fill even A7 card front. That’s why I decided to pair it with new A7 Frames & Banners Die Set. I heat embossed in gold the orchids to match the metallic gold sentiment and added a fading soft petite hearts to the background just for something little extra.
- Orchids Stamp Set
- Orchids Die Set
- A7 Frames & Banners Die Set
- Petite Hearts Stencil
- Walking Woofs Die Set (“happy” die)
- Gnome Garden Stamp Set (“birthday” word)
Step By Step Instructions:
- Heat emboss in gold three flowers from Orchids Stamp Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink on Neenah Solar White paper. Don’t forget to prep the cardstock with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Die cut the flowers with the coordinating Orchids Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- dark pink RV55-RV69-R37
- light pink RV0000-RV000-RV00-RV52
- green YG0000-YG00-YG01
- Die cut three times the word “happy”, using Walking Woofs Die Set: two times from any leftover white cardstock and once – from a gold foiled paper.
- Stack all three layers together with a liquid adhesive that dries clear and matte like Distress Collage Medium Matte.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the word “birthday” from Gnome Garden Stamp Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Again don’t forget to prep the cardstock with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Trim and score an A7 size card base that measures 5″ x 7″ from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper a large stitched frame, using A7 Frames & Banners Die Set.
- Die cut from a Bristol paper since it’s a bit smoother than Neenah Solar White a large scalloped frame, using A7 Frames & Banners Die Set.
- Ink the scalloped rectangle with Spun Sugar Distress Oxide and Kitsch Flamingo Distress inks, starting from the bottom and creating an ombré effect with the blending brushes.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray to add more interest. Let the piece air dry or heat set it.
- Tape well Petite Hearts Stencil to the inked background with a low tack tape and add the hearts pattern with a white embossing paste. Let the paste air dry well.
- Arrange all the elements on the card front and glue them in place by popping some of them on a foam tape for fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a couple of clear sparkling sequins.
Would you like to win the “Orchids” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday January 20th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, January 21st.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like today’s floral birthday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!