Hello and welcome to Day 1 of the Newton’s Nook January release! I’m so excited you’ve joined me today and can’t wait to share with you all the stunning new products!
All the new January products will be available for purchase on Friday, January 21st at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The Newton’s Nook Designs Design Team is kicking off this release week with absolutely adorable Knead Kittens Stamp Set that comes with the coordinating Knead Kittens Die Set. Then there’s a matching love themed Petite Hearts Stencil that already became one of my favorites! This year also starts with a new trend on bigger A7 cards (5″ x 7″) and amazing new A7 Frames & Banners Die Set cannot be any useful for a quick and fun layouts on A7 cards. Last but not least comes new wonderful Love & Meows Paper Pad filled with feline and love designs.
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Knead Kittens stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a fun and colorful card with inked background filled with super adorable felines colored with copic markers and the cutest pun!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Knead Kittens Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Knead Kittens Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- cats E0000-E30-E31-E35 & W00-W4
- bread crust YR21-YR23-YR26
- breadcrumbs YR000-YR30-YR31-Y35-E35
- hearts R000-R11-R12-R14-R32-R35-R37
- Trim and score a slightly longer than a usual A2 size card base that measures 6 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a 6 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ rectangle from a Bristol paper since it’s a bit smoother than Neenah Solar White and ink it with Tattered Rose Distress, Abandoned Coral Distress and Seedless Preserves Distress inks. Use the blending brushes to achieve a smooth result.
- Tape well Petite Hearts Stencil to the inked background with a low tack tape and add the hearts pattern with the same Tattered Rose Distress, Abandoned Coral Distress and Seedless Preserves Distress inks, using a heavier hand.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray to add more interest. Let the piece air dry or heat set it.
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper a frame, using A7 Frames & Banners Die Set.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Time For Coffee Stamp Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the cardstock with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Arrange all the elements on the card front and glue them in place by popping on a foam tape for fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a coat of glitter on the hearts. I used Gina K Crystalline Drops.
Would you like to win the “Knead Kitten” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday January 20th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, January 21st.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like today’s cute kitty card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!