I’m sooooooo excited joining today the Design Team and the featured guests for the Newton’s Nook Designs Deck the Halls with Inky Paws Blog Hop!!
Make sure you scroll down to the bottom of this post to see the whole link list – there are many awesome blogs for you to visit today! Plus you can comment for your chance to win a prize too! Details at the end of this post!
On my stop of this hop you will find a sweet card with a simple and clean layout! My choice was on wonderful Nutcrackers Stamp Set since this Christmas decor is so popular this year! Honestly, I don’t own any nutcracker for a moment, but thought it would be fun to create a card with them. I purposely kept my copic coloring very light this time to make the colors stay great together. As for the background, I inked a matching tone on tone music pattern just to add a bit of interest and then adhered “Pa Rum Pum Pum Pum” word dies here and there, spreading them across the whole background.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Transotype Perfect Colouring paper all the elements you need for your card, using the coordinating Nutcrackers Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Nutcrackers Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink . Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color all the elements with copic markers. I used:
- red R000-R01-R02-R22-R24
- yellow Y0000-Y00-Y11-Y13-Y15-Y18-Y21-Y23
- green G20-G40-G21-G24-G28
- skin E000-E01-E02
- brown E50-E51-E53
- grey T5-T7-T9
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Die cut a scalloped rectangle from a light grey cardstock, using Frames & Flags Die Set. I used Simon Says Stamp Fog cardstock.
- Tape well Music Stencil with a low tack tape to the background and ink it with a matching light grey ink for a tone-on-tone look. I used Simon Says Stamp Fog dye ink.
- Splatter the background with some tiny droplets of a white gouache and Black Soot Distress ink to add more interest. Let the piece air dry or heat set it.
- Stamp the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper “Pa Rum Pum Pum Pum” words, using Nutcrackers Die Set.
- Arrange all the elements on the card front and glue them in place by popping some on a foam tape for fun dimensional look.
- Finish with some highlights added with a white gel pen and a couple of clear sparkling sequins adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
Deck the Halls with Inky Paws SALE!
$5 off every $30 You Spend!
That means $5 off $30, $10 off $60…up to $25 off $150!*
No Coupon Needed
Now through Sunday, December 6th!
*Maximum $25 discount per order.
Enter to Win! Deck the Halls with Inky Paws Hop Prizes!
NND will be choosing two lucky winners to win a $25 store credit for Newton’s Nook Designs online shop! To enter, just leave comments on the Design Team Member and Guest blogs (see list below)! Two winners will be chosen at random from the collective blogs in the blog hop. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Sunday, December 5th at 9 pm EST to comment — winners will be announced on the NND blog on Monday, December 6th.
Deck the Halls with Inky Paws Blog Hop List:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
Samantha Van Arnhem
That’s all for today! Hope you like today’s coffee card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!