Hello and welcome!
I’m SO glad you stopped by to see what crafty inspiration I have today! I’m up on the Heffy Doodle Blog with “Stretch Your Supplies” card series!!! It means that I’m focusing on how to get more from your craft supplies and think out of boxes, giving new life to your crafty stash! So let start!
Today I came up with a sweet holiday card, creating a winter scene with lots of dimension. I used the most adorable Deer To Me Stamp Set that includes cute critters and many scene elements to use all year round. To keep it simple, I reached to Heffy Doodle light blue cardstock for the sky piece and then covered it with a vellum layer to give more depth to the first layer without adding any dimensional adhesives. I continued by popping different layout elements on a foam tape. I have to double up the foam tape for the second layer. I really love the final result with all the dimensional layers that it’s kinda hard to capture on the pictures, but I assure you that in real life this project looks absolutely gorgeous. I purposely kept very simple the coloring, using lighter than usual shades since I didn’t want to overwhelm the whimsical layout.
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
- STAMPS AND DIES:
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLES
- Neenah Solar White Paper
- Heffy Doodle Coloured Cardstock – Mix 1 (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Deer To Me Dies and Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative part of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustration from Deer To Me Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use the negative part of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- deers E0000-E30-E31-E33-E37 & R000-R02
- grey W00-W0-W1-W3
- brown E40-E41-E43
- red R00-R02-R05
- green G20-G24 & YG21-YG23
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly smaller piece of a light blue cardstock from Heffy Doodle Coloured Cardstock – Mix 1 pack and adhere it in the center of the card front with Glubert – Craft Glue.
- Arrange and glue in place, using the same Glubert – Craft Glue, two birch trees one from the left and one from the right sides.
- Tape well First Snow Stencil with Heffy Memo Tape on the blue background and apply a white embossing paste all across. Lift up the stencil and immediately wash it with warm water a little bit of liquid soap.
- Once the embossing paste is dry, add a vellum layer directly on top of the snowy background, securing it with tiny glue dots.
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper two snow hills, using Slimline Scenery Dies, and a faux stitched frame, using Imperial Stitched Rectangles Dies.
- Paint a piece of Neenah Solar White paper with R05 copic marker to create a perfectly matching red paper for the sentiment.
- Heat emboss in white onto red the sentiment with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the cardstock with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Shape the sentiment into a fish-tail banner with the sharp small scissors.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements, using Glubert – Craft Glue and a foam tape (double and triple layers) to add a lot of dimension.
- Finish with some highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this sweet winter scene card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!