Hello and welcome!
I’m back with another cute card that features the most adorable furry friends from wonderful new It’s Snowing Cats & Dogs collection of rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs! This is the second holiday collection designed by Shari Bresciani this year and I’m totally in love with lovely and fun cats and dogs along with the amazing matching puns included in this bundle.
SALE ALLERT! For a limited time, It’s Snowing Cats & Dogs collection is available in 3 different bundles. The first option is the entire collection, which is 16 stamps and the Furry Friends sentiment set. This bundle is $82.00 and can be purchased here: It’s Snowing Cats & Dogs stamp bundle. The other two bundle options are for those that are cat OR dog lovers. Please note that the sentiment set is not included in these 2 bundles and would need to be purchased separately. The cat bundle includes only the 6 cats & Christmas Tree stamp. You can purchase this bundle for $33.00 here: It’s Snowing Cats bundle. The dog bundle consists of all 8 dogs, the dog house & Christmas Tree. This bundle is $46.00 and can be purchased here: It’s Snowing Dogs bundle. The bundled promotion ends on Friday, November 12, 2021.
- Romeo (Cat in Snow) Stamp
- Mittens (Cat with Snowball) Stamp
- Duo Snow Capped Trees Stamp
- Snow Mound Stamp
- Furry Friends Sentiment Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Transotype Perfect Colouring paper Romeo (Cat in Snow), Mittens (Cat with Snowball), Duo Snow Capped Trees and Snow Mound stamps with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Fussy cut all the stamps with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around.
- Color all the elements with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- cat in snow Y32-YR21-YR24-YR27
- cat with mittens E0000-E30-E31-E33-E35-E37
- blue B21-B24-B28-B69
- light pink R11-R12-R14
- bright pink RV21-RV23-Rv25-RV29
- teal BG0000-BG000-BG10-BG11-BG13
- green YG0000-YG00-YG05-YG07-YG09-G28
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Die cut from a Bristol paper a faux stitched rectangle, using Heffy Doodle’s Stitched Rectangles Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Ink it with Tumbled Glass Distress, Mermaid Lagoon Distress, Peacock Feathers Distress, Blueprint Sketch Distress ink, creating an ombré effect. Use a blending brush for a soft and smooth result.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray, a white gouache and a colorful ink to add more interest. Let the piece air dry or heat set it.
- Die cut another stitched rectangle from Neenah Solar White paper and split it with a curvy die from Heffy Doodle’s Slimline Scenery Dies Set to create two snow hills.
- Stamp the sentiment from Furry Friends Sentiment Set with VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink.
- Assemble all the elements together using a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Add a few highlights with a white gel pen and some matching sequins adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute winter card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!