Hello and welcome!
I’m SO glad you stopped by to see what crafty inspiration I have today! I’m up on the Heffy Doodle Blog with “Stretch Your Supplies” card series!!! It means that I’m focusing on how to get more from your craft supplies and think out of boxes, giving new life to your crafty stash! So let start!
I keep sharing more ideas on how you can easily transform a non-holiday stamps, dies and stencils, thinking out of boxes, to create your holiday cards and tags! Today I’m focusing on super adorable llamas from Llamazing Llamas Stamp Set. Well, this set already comes with a small scarf stamp that allows you to dress up the critters and give them a winter look. However, you can hand draw a couple of small details, like Christmas lights on cacti stamps. Don’t be scared if don’t have any illustrator skills at all. Start with two curvy lines and then simply add some small circles underneath. Finally connect the circles to the curvy lines and just add colors. I became a little creative with the sentiment as well, by picking one from a very non-holiday Get Well Greetings Stamp Set and cutting apart one phrase with a pair of sharp small scissors. This way I achieved a suitable for a holiday card “Sending Warm Wishes” stamp.
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
- STAMPS AND DIES:
- Llamazing Llamas Stamp Set (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Llamazing Llamas Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Get Well Greetings Stamp Set (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Slimline Scenery Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Constellation Prize Stencil (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLES
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Neenah Solar White Paper
- Heffy Doodle Alcohol Friendly Cardstock (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Heffy Doodle Coloured Cardstock – Mix 2 (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- MISTI Stamping Positioning Tool
- Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Heffy Doodle Alcohol Friendly Cardstock all the element you need, using the coordinating Llamazing Llamas Dies and Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Llamazing Llamas Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Hand draw the holiday lights on the cacti with a copic friendly marker. I used Copic Multiliner 0,1 mm.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- llamas: fur W00-W0-W1-W3-W5-W7 & skin E000-E00-E02-E13
- green YG21-YG23-YG25-YG17
- bright pink RV21-RV23-RV25-RV29
- violet V01-V15-V17
- Cup apart the sentiment from Get Well Greetings Stamp Set with the sharp small scissors.
- Heat emboss in white onto the purple cardstock from Heffy Doodle Coloured Cardstock – Mix 2 “Sending Warm Wishes” phrase with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the cardstock with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Die cut from the same Neenah Solar White paper three snow hills, using Slimline Scenery Dies.
- Trim from a Bristol cardstock, since it’s a bit smoother than Neenah Solar White paper, the sky piece and ink it with Scattered Straw Distress, Spun Sugar Distress Oxide and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide inks. Use the blending brushes to achieve a smooth ombré effect.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray and a white gouache to add more interest.
- Tape well Constellation Prize Stencil with Heffy Memo Tape on the inked sky and apply Distress Crackle Paste all across. Lift up the stencil and immediately wash it with warm water a little bit of liquid soap.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements, using Glubert – Craft Glue and a foam tape to add a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a couple of highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute llamazing card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!