Hello and welcome!
I’m super excited to be featured on SugarPea Designs blog!!! Today I’m came up with a cute and cheerful holiday card, mixing and matching a couple of my favorite stamps, dies and a stencil! I like a colorful and bright, but still almost tone-on-tone look of this project! In fact, I kept the color combo very limited and played with gradient shades, making the colored illustrations pop with darker colors.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Neenah Solar White paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink all the elements you need for the card from Here Comes Santa Claus Stamp Set and Hey Winter Stamp Set. In case you use a stamping positioning tool, ink and impress the stamps a couple of times to achieve solid black outlines.
- Fussy cut with the sharp small scissors all the stamps right against the stamp lines.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- skin and envelopes E0000-E50-E51-E53-E55
- bird W00-W1
- red R00-R02-R05-R08-R46
- teal BG0000-BG10-BG11-BG34
- brown E30-E31-E33-E37
- grey T0-T1-T3
- yellow Y0000
- Paint the stamp edges with a black brush nib marker from the backside to hide any imperfection due to the fussy cutting.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Here Comes Santa Claus Stamp Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the cardstock with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper three snowflakes, using Snowflake Tag SugarCut. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from a Bristol paper for the background and ink it with Dried Marigold Distress and
- Abandoned Coral Distress inks.
- Tape well Cute Hearts Stencil with a removable tape to the inked background and add some hearts with the same Dried Marigold Distress and Abandoned Coral Distress inks for a tone-on-tone look.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray and a white gouache to add more interest. Let the piece air dry or heat set it.
- Trim a strip from MFT Black & White Basics paper pad.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements. Pop some of them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with some highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope this cute card will inspire you! As always thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!!
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!