Hello and welcome!
I’m SO glad you stopped by to see what crafty inspiration I have today! I’m up on the Heffy Doodle Blog with “Stretch Your Supplies” card series!!! It means that I’m focusing on how to get more from your craft supplies and think out of boxes, giving new life to your crafty stash! So let start!
Today I keep playing with the amazing goodies from the Heffy Doodle’s new fall release and featuring super fun and cute Llamazing Llamas along with Silly Slimline Slants Die background. Silly Slimline Slants Die, as the name suggest it, was designed to cover the whole card front of an extended slimline size card. However, it can be easily implement on a regular A2 size card base with a little creative twist.
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
- STAMPS AND DIES:
- Llamazing Llamas Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Silly Slimline Slants Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLES
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Neenah Solar White Paper
- Heffy Doodle Alcohol Friendly Cardstock (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- MISTI Stamping Positioning Tool
- Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Heffy Doodle Alcohol Friendly Cardstock all the element you need, using the coordinating Llamazing Llamas Dies and Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Llamazing Llamas Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- llamas: fur E0000-E30-E31-E33-E35 & skin E000-E00-E01-E02-E11
- red R11-R12-R14
- yellow Y11-Y18
- orange YR00-YR02-YR04
- green YG0000-YG00-YG01-YG05-YG09
- Die cut three times the word Fiesta. Glue all the layers together with Heffy Doodle Glubert – Craft Glue.
- Die cut from a Bristol cardstock, since it’s a bit smoother than Neenah Solar White paper, Silly Slimline Slants Dies.
- Ink it with Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide, Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide ink. Use the blending brushes to achieve a smooth ombré effect.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray to add more interest.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements, using Glubert – Craft Glue and a foam tape to add a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a couple of highlights added with a white gel pen and a coat of Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this bright llamazing card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!