Hello and welcome to Day 1 of the Newton’s Nook August release! I’m so excited you’ve joined me today and can’t wait to share with you all the fabulous new autumn and Halloween themed products!
All the new August products will be available for purchase on Friday, August 20th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The Design Team is kicking off this week with the most adorable Halloween themed Brooms & Boos Stamp Set filled with beautiful witch dressed ladies and awesome puns! As always there’s the coordinating Brooms & Boos Die Set! A new gorgeous three layer Candy Corn Stencil Set adds even more fun to the Halloween projects allowing to create easily colorful candy corns backgrounds!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Brooms & Boos stamp set to a lucky winners so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a small slimline Halloween project featuring new stamp and die sets! A used a couple of images from new Brooms & Boos Stamp Set, mixing and matching them with some old fall sets to complete the scene! The night sky was simply inked with Distress inks and the stars were created from a plain white embossing pasted mixed with Distress ink. I have to admin that I aimed to achieve more saturated yellow stars, but once dried, the color faded a little bit.
- Brooms & Boos Stamp Set
- Brooms & Boos Die Set
- Cascading Stars Stencil
- Land Borders Die Set
- Frames Squared Die Set
- Paw-tumn Newton Stamp Set (only small pumpkin stamp)
- Paw-tumn Newton Die Set (only small pumpkin stamp)
- Pumpkin Latte Stamp Set (only small pumpkin stamp)
- Pumpkin Latte Die Set (only small pumpkin stamp)
- Harvest Tails Stamp Set (only small pumpkin stamp)
- Harvest Tails Die Set (only small pumpkin stamp)
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Brooms & Boos Die Set, Paw-tumn Newton Die Set, Pumpkin Latte Die Set, Harvest Tails Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Brooms & Boos Stamp Set, Paw-tumn Newton Stamp Set, Pumpkin Latte Stamp Set and Harvest Tails Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- skin and hair E50-E51-E53-E55-E57
- yellow Y00-Y11-Y13-Y15
- orange Y35-Y17-YR04-YR07-YR18-E09
- violet V0000-V01-V04-V12-V15-V17
- green YG0000-YG00-YG01-YG25-YG17
- brown E41-E42-E43
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper a faux stitched circle, using Frames Squared Die Set, and stamp the sentiment inside with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Trim and score a small slimline card base (6″ x 3 1/2″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from a Bristol cardstock to create a night sky piece since it’s smoother than Neenah paper and ink it with Tumbled Glass Distress, Faded Jeans Distress, Blueprint Sketch Distress and Black Soot Distress inks. Use the blending brushes for a smooth result.
- Flick some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray and a white gouache all across. Let the background air dry or heat set it with a heat gun.
- Mix a white embossing paste with Fossilized Amber Distress ink on a slick surface like Ranger Craft Sheet and apply it through Cascading Stars Stencil. Don’t forget to tape well the paper to the stencil with a removable tape to prevent any movement. Let the paste air dry.
- Die cut a narrow grass portion, using a Bristol paper and Land Borders Die Set.
- Ink the grass with Twisted Citron Distress and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide inks, add some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray all across.
- Arrange all the elements on the card front and glue them in place by popping some on a foam tape for fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a couple of highlights added with a white gel pen and a generous coat of Wink of Stella clear glitter pen.
Would you like to win the “Brooms & Boos” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday August 19th at 9pm ET to comment – winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, August 20th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich – you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
Pumpkins everywhere goodness for witch scene.
What a great scene you created!
Love the lighter background. There is
lots of depth to the stars – seem to be
leaping off the paper. Wonderful card.
thanks for sharing
Your card is so fun!
I have always like that sentiment— your card brings much eye delight – love love the pumpkins!! and the witch holding one – nice background for your display – TFS
SO cute! I love the background and the brightly colored pumpkins!
Love your card!
Your card is just darling! I love the
dimension of the starry background.
And your coloring is always sweet
this card is super amazing!
Love your pumpkin patch and witch card! The bright colours of the pumpkins stand out against your star filled sky. Very spooky!
I love your background and coloring on the pumpkins!
What great cards!
Love everything about your card including the cute scene you created, the textured star background, your coloring, & the cute pumpkins that you added surrounding the witch!
Very well-done! You’ve created a beautiful scene. Thank you for sharing.
Beautiful coloring and I love that starry background!!
Love the starry sky and the pumpkins! Adorable witch too! Great coloring and details!