Hello and welcome!
Thanks so much for joining me! I keep sharing more inspiration featuring Purple Onion Designs rubber stamps! Have you already heard that Purple Onion Designs turns 18 this month! Huge congrats for such milestone!!! And I’m so happy to jumping into the celebrations, creating a couple of cute projects that features my favorite stamps! Today’s card gathered together some of my favorite summer stamps illustrated by Stacey Yacula.
SALE ALLERT! The anniversary sale starts Monday, July 26th, 2021. All rubber stamps (with a few exceptions) will be 25% off. The sale will run through Monday, August 9th, 2021. Please note that everything in the sale section is 25% off the sale prices. There are some good cheap deals!!! Yaaaay!!! Don’t miss a chance to grab your favorite stamps from Purple Onion Designs at a discounted price!
- HEFFY DOODLE DIES:
- Stitched Rectangles Die Set
Step By Step Instructions:
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Fussy cut all the stamps with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around.
- Color all the illustrations with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- boat E40-E41-E42-E43-E44
- bunny and shadows T0-T1-T3 & ears R000-R02
- bird B0000-B21
- yellow Y0000-Y00-Y11-Y21-Y35
- green YG0000-YG00-YG01-YG23-YG25
- orange YR0000-YR000-YR61-YR65-YR68-YR18
- teal BG0000-BG10-BG11
- Stamp with VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink and fussy cut the sentiment from Everyday Blurbs set .
- Heat emboss twice in white the Tide stamp on Neenah Solar White paper and then on a vellum.
- Ink both water elements with Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide ink, using a blending brush. Please note that the vellum needs to be inked from the back side.
- Fussy cut the top edge of the waves with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little edge.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Die cut a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ stitched frame from the same Neenah Solar White paper, using Stitched Rectangles Die Set.
- Trim a dotted yellow background from Snap Color Vibe – Light, Bright & Bold pattern paper pad.
- Arrange on the card front and glue in place all the elements by popping some of them on a foam tape.
- Finish with some highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute summer card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!