Hello and welcome!
Today I’m playing along with Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop featuring a couple of amazing stamps and dies from Newton’s Nook Designs.
There are going to be TONS of fun prizes – including a $25 store credit from us at Newton’s Nook Designs! You can head over to the Coffee Lovers Blog for more details on how to play along!
- Newton’s Mug Stamp Set
- Newton’s Mug Die Set
- Caffeinated Cats Stamp Set
- Flower Trio Die Set
- Bold Blooms Stencil
- Woodland Spring Stamp Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Strathmore Bristol paper the mug with a peeking kitty, using the coordinating Newton’s Mug Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Short Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustration from Newton’s Mug Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Add some flowers to the cup, using a small flower stamp from Woodland Spring Stamp Set, by repeatedly stamping it with the same VersaFine Onyx Black ink. Don’t forget to mask the edges of the cup with a post-it or sticky tape.
- Color the stamp with TOMBOW DUAL BRUSH MARKERS. I used on this card:
- cat N89, 879, 977, 992
- pinks 723, 761, 772, 873
- greens 098, 173
- Trim a 5 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ rectangle from Strathmore Bristol paper to use as a background. Color it with Tombow markers.
- Add some Bold Blooms through the stencil with Distress Crackle Embossing paste.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Caffeinated Cats Stamp Set and shape it into a fish-tail banner.
- Die cut some flowers and leaves from vellum, patterned and Bristol paper, using Flower Trio Die Set. I used MFT Dots & Stripes Neutral paper pad on this card.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Assemble all the elements together, using Distress Collage Medium Matte liquid adhesive and a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
Hope you enjoyed this spring coffee card today! Make sure you head over to the Coffee Lovers Blog to find out how you can link up your card to play along! There are a TON of prizes! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!