Hello and welcome!
Today I’ve popped in with a cute and sweet spring card featuring my favorite stamps from Purple Onion Designs illustrated by Stacey Yacula!
I love building cute scenes on my cards playing with a bunch of elements that I usually pair with a simple inked background. Just to leave the card not too busy and keep the main focus on sweet characters and coloring! This time I flipped through my Purple Onion Designs stash and picked some of my favorite stamps from “old” collections designed by Stacey Yacula.
- Free Spirits (Fox and Frog on Bicycle) Stamp
- Farm Wagon Stamp
- May (Flying Garden Bird) Stamp
- Potted Plants & Herbs Stamp
- Poppies Stamp
- Beach Grass #2 (Large) Stamps
- Sweet Occasions Sentiment Stamp Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Copic X-Press paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink all the illustrations mentioned among “Key Ingredients”.
- Fussy cut all the stamps with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around.
- Color all the elements with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- fox and yellow flowers Y0000-Y00-Y11-Y35-Y18-Y17 plus R14
- flog, leaves and grass G20-G24-G28
- bird B0000-B00-B12-B93 plus Y0000-Y11
- bicycle frame R20-R24-R29-R37
- wagon and basket E0000-Y28-E31-E44
- violets V01-V15-V19
- greys W0-W1-W3-W5
- Trim and score a mini slimline card base (6 1/2″ x 3 1/2″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim another rectangle slightly smaller than the card base and ink it with Simon Hurley Rosy Cheeks, Simon Says Stamp Melon and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide inks. Use the blending brushes for a smooth and soft result.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Sweet Occasions Sentiment Stamp Set.
- Assemble all the elements together using a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Add a few highlights with a white gel pen and a generous coat of a clear glitter pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this sweet spring scene! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!