Hello and welcome!
Today I’m sharing another cute pirate card featuring my favorite kitty character from “It’s A Pirate’s Life” collection of rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs illustrated by super talented Shari Bresciani!
This time I’m focusing on an alternative way of use for big background stamps. I love to get more from my craft supplies and stretch the stamps from my stash as much as I can!
- Chimp Stamp
- Felix (Pirate Cat with Flag) Stamp
- Tropical Island Stamp
- Pirate-ment Stamp Set
- Happy Skies Stamp Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Copic X-Press paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink Felix (Pirate Cat with Flag), Chimp, and two palm trees from Tropical Island Stamp.
- Fussy cut all the stamps with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around.
- Color all the illustrations with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- cat YR21-YR23-YR24-YR27 plus RV10-RV14
- chimp fur E51-E53-E55-E57
- chimp skin E0000-E000-E01-E13
- trunks E41-E42-E43-E44
- leaves YG0000-YG00-YG01-YG23-YG25
- fish and flag C00-C1-C3-C5-C7
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Die cut another rectangle large enough to cover the whole card front from SugarPea Designs Card Front Element Builder II Die set, using the same Neenah Solar White paper.
- Stamp the Tropical Island illustration and a couple of clouds from Happy Skies Stamp Set with a light grey dye ink.
- Stamp the matching sentiment from Pirate-ment Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Assemble all the elements together using a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Add a few highlights with with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute pirate card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!