Hello and welcome!
Today I’ve popped in to share a cute card with a masculine touch featuring wonderful “It’s A Pirate’s Life” collection of rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs illustrated by super talented Shari Bresciani!
I love very much the fabulous illustrations from “It’s A Pirate’s Life” collection because they perfectly fit for boy/ masculine theme (and I always struggle with masculine cards) plus can be used all year round to cover almost all occasions due to a large number of puns that comes with Pirate-ment Stamp Set.
- Lucas (Boy Pirate Kneeing) Stamp
- Maxwell (Pirate Dog with Map) Stamp
- Treasure Chest Stamp
- Pirate Possessions Stamp Set
- Pirate-ment Stamp Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Copic X-Press paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink all the illustrations you need for this card using : Lucas (Boy Pirate Kneeing), Maxwell (Pirate Dog with Map), Treasure Chest Stamp, Pirate Possessions stamps.
- Fussy cut all the stamps with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around.
- Color all the illustrations with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- skin E50-E51-E55
- hair Y21-YR14-E99
- chest and pants E40-E41-E42-E43-E44
- dog Y32-YR21-YR24-YR27-E99
- blue B0000-B32-B34-B37
- green G40-G43-G94
- yellow Y11-Y21
- grey C0-C1-C3-C5-C7-100
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Cut out another rectangle from the same Neenah Solar White paper and tear the edges.
- Ink the background piece with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink using an ink blending brush.
- Flick some tiny droplets of a pearlescent solution and a few ink splatters to add a bit of interest to the background.
- Hand draw the dash lines with a brown pen or marker, creating guide lines on the map.
- Heat emboss in white on black the sentiment from Pirate-ment Stamp Set.
- Arrange on the card front and pop on a foam tape the map background, the colored stamps and the sentiment.
- Adhere a few clear sparkling sequins and add a coat of a clear glitter pen plus some white accents with a white gel pen to the accessories as a finish touch.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute pirate card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!