Hello and welcome to Day 2 of the Newton’s Nook Cozy release! Thanks so much for joining me today! I’m so excited to introduce you all the stunning new products that the NND Design Team and I will be sharing throughout this week!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving two $25 prizes, picked randomly from the Design Team members posts, so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
I cannot express how much I’m in LOVE with the gorgeous new Cozy Home Stamp Set! I adore building sweet and cozy scenes on my cards and this BIG set has lots of elements to play with! I also find that the size of the stamps inside this new stamp set is perfect for any standard cards like A2, slimline and A7! When you work with many elements, the coordinating dies that you can find inside Cozy Home Die Set, come very handy and make you save a lot of time!
Working on this project, I die cut and then stamped all the elements from Cozy Home Stamp Set! Then I just prepared the card base and arranged the stamps like I wished. I inked a very light neutral background to ground the scene and finished with a simple heat embossed in white sentiment!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using Cozy Home Die Set and Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting Machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Cozy Home Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- pink RV000-RV00-RV21-RV23-RV25
- green G20-YG13-G24
- teal BG0000-BG10-Bg11-BG13
- brown E0000-E30-E31-E34
- cat W00-T0-T1-T3
- dog YR30-YR31-YR21-YR27
- basket YR30-Yr24-E99
- black 100
- Heat emboss in white on black the sentiment from Cozy Home Stamp Set with VersaMark clear sticky ink and Hero Arts White Embossing Powder. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper. I used Tim Holtz Maxi Guillotine Trimmer and Mini Score Board.
- Trim a 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ square from the same Neenah Solar White paper for the background.
- Mask the bottom part of the square with a lock tack tape. Secure Petite Paw Prints Stencil on the top part of the square and ink the pattern with Antique Linen Distress Oxide Ink. I like to use the blending brushes for inking.
- Lift up the stencil and keep inking the whole area with the leftover ink.
- Shift the lock tack tape to mask the top part of the background and ink the bottom area with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink. Remove the mask.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny droplets of water or a pearlescent solution.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front by popping some of them on a foam tape for a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a generous coat of Wink of Stella clear glitter pen and a few highlights added with a white gel pen.
Enter to Win a $25 Prize!
NND will be choosing two lucky winners to win a $25 store credit for Newton’s Nook Designs online shop! The winners will be chosen at random from the collective blog posts featuring the new products this week. For a chance to win, leave comments on the Design Team Member Blog Posts (see list below) from Monday November, 13th through Wednesday November, 15th. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Wednesday, November, 15th at 9 pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the NND blog on Friday, November 17th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like today’s sweet and cute card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!