Hello and welcome!
Thanks so much for joining me! Today I’m sharing another holiday card that feature the new release from Purple Onion Designs! The stunning new “A Little Christmas Magic!” collection of rubber stamps is designed by Stacey Yacula and includes a lot of adorable winter and holiday dressed critters paired with amazing big backgrounds and the coordinating holiday sentiment set!
Creating the layout for this card, I kept in mind a holiday wreath, but decided to build it, using some small toy illustrations from Holiday Toy Set. Then I picked up the matching mouse stamp, checking the Santa’s list, and the sentiment to complete my project. Super sweet and simple!
- PURPLE ONION DESIGNS STAMPS:
- Chippey (elf mouse with list)
- Holiday Toy Set
- Santa Sentiments
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLIES:
- Heffy Doodle Stitched Circles Dies
- Heffy Doodle Imperial Stitched Rectangles Dies
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Neenah Solar White paper Chippey (elf mouse with list) and some toys from Holiday Toy Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Fussy cut all the stamps with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around.
- Color all the elements with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- mouse W00-W0-W1-W3
- red R00-R20-R22-R24-R46
- yellow Y11-Y15-YR24
- green G20-G21-G24-G28
- teal BG10-BG11-BG13
- brown E0000-E30-E31-E35
- gray C0-C1-C3-C6
- skin E000-E51-E11
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Die cut on the same Neenah Solar White paper the largest stitched rectangle from Imperial Stitched Rectangles Dies, using Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Die cut the stitched circle in the center of the rectangle, using Stitched Circles Dies.
- Ink the center of the card base with Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide ink, using the blending brushes.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny drops of a pearlized solution or water to add more interest.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Santa Sentiments Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front, by popping some of them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a coat of a clear glitter pen, a few highlights added with a white gel pen and some clear sparkling sequins.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute holiday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!