I’m sooooooo excited joining today the Design Team and the featured guests for the 10th Annual Newton’s Nook Designs Deck the Halls with Inky Paws Blog Hop!!
Make sure you scroll down to the bottom of this post to see the whole link list – there are many awesome blogs for you to visit today! Plus you can comment for your chance to win a prize too! Details at the end of this post!
On my stop of this hop you will find a clean and simple small slimline card that features the most adorable kitties from Holiday Heights Stamp Set! I colored all the illustrations with copic markers and then arranges on a light inked background with a couple of heat embossed snowflakes!
- Holiday Heights Stamp Set
- Holiday Heights Die Set
- Santa Paws Newton Stamp Set
- Santa Paws Newton Die Set
- Newton’s Christmas Kittens Stamp Set
- Newton’s Christmas Kittens Die Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Holiday Heights Die Set, Santa Paws Newton Die Set, Newton’s Christmas Kittens Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustration from Holiday Heights Stamp Set, Santa Paws Newton Stamp Set, Newton’s Christmas Kittens Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- kitten #1 W00-E70-E71-E74-E77 & W3
- kitten #2 YR30-Y32-YR21-YR24-YR27 & W3
- ears R000-R01-R12
- mouse W00-W1-W4
- green YG0000-YG00-YG01-YG06-YG07-YG09
- yellow Y13-Y15-Y17
- red R01-R02-R05-R46
- blue B0000-B21-B24-B28
- brown #1 E30-E31-E35
- brown #2 E40-E42
- Trim and score a small slimline size card base (6″ x 3 1/2″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Heat emboss in white some snowflakes from Holiday Heights Stamp Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Mask the right and bottom edges of the card front with a low tack tape and ink the background at an angle, using Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide inks. Use the blending brushes to achieve a nice and smooth result. Remove the mask.
- Stamp the sentiment from Holiday Heights Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base, by popping some on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a few highlights added with a white gel pen and some golden glittery dimensional details by applying Glossy Accents first and then sprinkling some fine gold glitter on top. Let the Glossy Accents air dry before shaking off the excess of the glitter.
Deck the Halls with Inky Paws SALE!
$5 off every $30 You Spend!
That means $5 off $30, $10 off $60…up to $25 off $150!*
No Coupon Needed
Now through Sunday, December 11th!
*Maximum $25 discount per order.
Enter to Win! Deck the Halls with Inky Paws Hop Prizes!
NND will be choosing two lucky winners to win a $25 store credit for Newton’s Nook Designs online shop! To enter, just leave comments on the Design Team Member and Guest blogs (see list below)! Two winners will be chosen at random from the collective blogs in the blog hop. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Sunday, December 11th at 9 pm EST to comment — winners will be announced on the NND blog on Monday, December 12th.
Deck the Halls with Inky Paws Blog Hop List:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute holiday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
This is beautiful Tatiana!
I LOVE how their mousie friend is watching. This is such an adorable card…with the soft background. LOVE this
This is too cute for words! I am amazed at all the fun little elements you added to this design. They are all so perfect and your colors are always amazing to me! I love it!
I love how the chunky glitter makes the ornaments pop.
Great coloring! I Love the design!
Hi, Tatiana – Expertly colored and such a cute composition…. it’s a “10” from me!
Lori S in PA
Fantastic card…thank you for the detailed instructions.
Adorable card, expertly colored!
Absolutely love the job you did coloring and the glitter adds so much!
Love the kitties in the tall tree and that mouse is just adorable! Such a fun card! Love the way you colored the images!
This is so fun!
its so pretty card!
Fun card. Love that tall tree.
thanks for sharing
Adorable, mischievous kittens! 🎄
Fabulous Card and great coloring!
What a darling little scene! Love your card!
Adorable scene. I like the colors and sparkle.