Hello and welcome!
Today I keep bringing you some inspiration featuring the new holiday release from Purple Onion Designs! The stunning new “A Little Christmas Magic!” collection of rubber stamps is designed by Stacey Yacula and includes a lot of adorable winter and holiday dressed critters paired with amazing big backgrounds and the coordinating holiday sentiment set!
SALE ALLERT! For a limited time, the complete collection will be offered as a bundle with a 30% discount and will sell for $152.00. The “A Little Christmas Magic!” bundle consists of all 31 stamps/stamp sets and the coordinating “Santa Sentiments” Set (8 sentiments).
The special bundle price discount ends on Saturday, November 5, 2022.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Neenah Solar White paper Comet (elf bunny with pocket watch) and Destination Sign with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Fussy cut all the stamps with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around.
- Color all the elements with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- bunny W00-W0-W1-W2-W3
- red R0000-R00-R20-R22-R24-R27-R39
- teal #1 BG10-BG11-BG13
- teal #2 BG0000-BG000-BG53-BG07
- yellow Y000-Y13-Y18
- grey C1-C3
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a narrower rectangle from the same Neenah Solar White paper.
- Secure Holiday Knit Stencil with a low tack tape on the white rectangle and ink the pattern with Prize Ribbon Distress, Mermaid Lagoon Distress and Salvaged Patina Distress inks, using the blending brushes.
- Lift up the stencil and keep blending the background with a lighter hand until you’re happy with the result.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny drops of a pearlized solution or water. Then flick some white gouache on top.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Santa Sentiments with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Trim a piece of black & white pattern paper.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front, by popping some of them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a few highlights added with a white gel pen and some clear sparkling sequins.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this sweet and cute holiday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!