Hello and welcome!
I’m SO glad you stopped by to see what crafty inspiration I have today! I’m up on the Heffy Doodle Blog with “Stretch Your Supplies” card series!!! It means that I’m focusing on how to get more from your craft supplies and think out of boxes, giving new life to your crafty stash! So let start!
Working on this project, I just cannot help playing with ABSOLUTELY STUNNING stamps and dies from the Heffy Doodle NEW RELEASE! I decided to mix and match the cutest Nuts About You Stamp Set with Tree-mendous Peekaboo Tree Dies to illustrate the versatility of the new products and bring you the inspiration on how to build a sweet fall scene. However, these products can work all year round! Just change the color combo and you will end up with winter, spring or summer tree! The amazing new Woodgrain Texture Background Die can be used to enrich the other dies with stitched details like the tree trunk and the awesome interactive a peek-a-boo tree hollow die can add an extra fun touch to the whole scene!
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
- STAMPS AND DIES:
- Nuts About You Stamp Set (available soon at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Nuts About You Dies (available soon at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLES
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Neenah Solar White Paper
- MISTI Stamping Positioning Tool
- Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine
- Heffy Doodle Glubert – Craft Glue (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Shaded Lilac Distress ink
- Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink
- Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide ink
- Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide ink
- Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide ink
- Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink
- Peeled Paint Distress Oxide ink
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the element you need, using the coordinating Nuts About You Dies and Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Nuts About You Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- squirrels E30-E31-E33-E35-E37 & T0-T1 & cheeks R11
- birds BV0000-BV01-BV02-BV13
- nuts Y21-Y26-Y28
- yellow Y0000-Y00-Y11-Y13-Y15-Y17-Y35
- red R00-R02-R05
- green YG0000-YG00-YG01-YG03
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Die cut a Stitched Rectangle from a Bristol paper since it’s a bit smoother than Neenah Solar White and ink it with Shaded Lilac Distress ink with a very light hand. Use the blending brushes to achieve a nice and smooth result.
- Die cut from the same Bristol paper and ink all the scene elements:
- TREE TRUNK: die cut it from Tree-mendous Peekaboo Tree Dies, add stitched details with Woodgrain Texture Background Die, ink it with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide and finally finish by adding a peek-a-boo tree hollow with the same Tree-mendous Peekaboo Tree Die set;
- TWO TREE FOLIAGES: die cut both using Tree-mendous Peekaboo Tree Dies and ink with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide, Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide, Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide inks;
- GRASS: die cut it using Slimline Scenery Dies then ink with Twisted Citron Distress Oxide and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide inks;
- Splatter all the scene elements with some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray and colorful inks to add more interest.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Nuts About You Stamp Set.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements, using Glubert – Craft Glue and a foam tape to add a bit of dimension.
- Finish a couple of highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute fall card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!