Hello and welcome!
Today is my turn to get you inspired for the SugarPea Designs monthly Mix It Up Challenge! I came up with a sweet fall themed card that features wonderful Sweet As Pie Stamp Set arranged on a customized background!
In case you want to play along, as well, here’s how you can do that: you have all month to play along and make a project using just the inspiration, just the sketch or Mix it Up and use both! It is totally up to you! You can find all the rules at SugarPea blog right here!!!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Sweet As Pie SugarCut. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Sweet As Pie Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- pie E50-E51-E53-E55
- yellow pumpkin Y0000-Y32-Y35-YR27
- white pumpkin W00-W0-W1-W3
- red R21-R22-R24-R27-R29
- green YG0000-YG11-YG13-YG25
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Create two customized pattern papers for the background:
- the first one by stamping Buffalo Check Stamp on Neenah Solar White paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. If you have a stamping positioning tool ink and impress the stamp a couple of time to achieve a black bold color.
- the second piece by repeatedly stamping the sentiment from Sweet As Pie Stamp Set with a brown dye ink. I used Simon Says Stamp Dark Chocolate dye ink.
- Trim an additional narrow strip from a yellow pattern paper of your choice.
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper a circle, using Heffy Doodle Stitched Circles Dies.
- Stamp the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Lawn Fawn Sunflower cardstock and shape it into a fish-tail banner with the sharp small scissors.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements. Pop some of them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a couple of matching sequins and Distress Clear Rock Candy Glitter applied as sugar on the pie both adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte, plus a coat of Glossy Accents on the apple.
Hope you like this sweet fall card! Now it’s your turn to link up your creations for a chance to win a $50 Gift Certificate from SugarPea Designs! Can’t wait to see what you create!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!!