Hello and welcome!
Thanks so much for joining me! I keep sharing more inspiration featuring Purple Onion Designs rubber stamps! Have you already heard that Purple Onion Designs turns 18 this month! Huge congrats for such milestone!!! And I’m so happy to jumping into the celebrations, creating a couple of cute projects that features my favorite stamps! Today’s card showcase a couple of my fabulous newbies from the latest “A Happy Little Place” collection illustrated by Stacey Yacula. In case you’re interested, you can find the whole collection here.
SALE ALLERT! The anniversary sale starts Monday, July 26th, 2021. All rubber stamps (with a few exceptions) will be 25% off. The sale will run through Monday, August 9th, 2021. Please note that everything in the sale section is 25% off the sale prices. There are some good cheap deals!!! Yaaaay!!! Don’t miss a chance to grab your favorite stamps from Purple Onion Designs at a discounted price!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Neenah Solar White paper Jane (Fox with Apron) and some Fruit Crates with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Fussy cut all the stamps with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around.
- Color all the illustrations with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- fox and orange YR0000-YR000-YR00-YR02-YR04-YR18 plus W00-W1-W3
- apron B91-B93-B95-B99
- crates E40-E41-E42-E43-E44
- yellow Y00-Y13-Y17
- green YG00-YG13-YG17
- red R000-R20-R22-R24-R27
- violet V0000-V01-V04-V15-V17
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Mask left and bottom edges of the card front with a low tack tape and ink it at an angle with Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide ink, using a blending brush for a nice and smooth result.
- Splatter some tiny droplets of a pearlescent solution to add more interest and lift up the masking tape.
- Stamp the sentiment from Around The Town Sentiment Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Arrange on the card front and glue in place all the elements by popping them on a foam tape.
- Finish with some clear sparkling sequins adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute card with a pop of bright rainbow colors! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!