Hello and welcome!
I’m SO glad you stopped by to see what crafty inspiration I have today! I’m up on the Heffy Doodle Blog with “Stretch Your Supplies” card series!!! It means that I’m focusing on how to get more from your craft supplies and think out of boxes, giving new life to your crafty stash! So let start!
Today I keep sharing more inspiration, using the fabulous products from the Heffy Doodle latest release! I mixed and matched a jumbo die cut sentiment with the cutest koalas from Koality Hugs Stamp Set since they perfectly match the theme! Then I created a colorful inked spot on the background to make my white sentiment pop agains it! To add even more interest, I applied a double stenciling in the center of the card front. It means that first I inked an oval spot through Oval Masquerade Stencil. Then I added beautiful Vertical Vines Stencil on top, without lifting up the oval stencil, and inked a tone on tone pattern in the oval spot with the darker shades of green. And just for something little extra, the card front was framed with gorgeous stitched details by using the Whimsically Wonky Metric Rectangles Die.
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
- STAMPS AND DIES:
- Koality Hugs Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Hang In There Jumbo Sentiment Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Whimsically Wonky Imperial Rectangles Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Vertical Vines Stencil (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLES
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Koality Hugs Dies and Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Koality Hugs Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Heffy Doodle 8.5″ x 11″ White Cardstock.
- Die cut a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ frame from Neenah Solar White paper, using Whimsically Wonky Metric Rectangles Dies.
- Secure the Oval Masquerade Stencil with a low tack tape in the center of the stitched rectangle, using the guide lines on the stencil, and ink the open oval window with Twisted Citron Distress Oxide and Bundled Sage Distress inks. Use the blending brushes to achieve a soft and smooth result.
- Without lifting Oval Masquerade Stencil, add and secure with the same low tack tape Vertical Vines Stencil on top and ink its top part with Lucky Clover Distress ink. Then ink the bottom part with Rustic Wilderness Distress ink.
- Die cut three times Hang In There Jumbo Sentiment and stack all the layers together with Glubert – Craft Glue.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base, using Glubert – Craft Glue and a foam tape to add a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a couple clear sparkling sequins and some highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you this fun and cute card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!