Hello and welcome to Day 2 of the Newton’s Nook November release! Thanks so much for joining me today! I can’t wait to share with you all the stunning new products!
All the new November products will be available for purchase on Thursday, November 18th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The second day of this reveal week is all about handmade bookmarks! First we have super cute kitty and puppy in All Booked Up Stamp Set that comes with the coordinating All Booked Up Die Set. Then there’s the matching stand along Bookmark Die Set that cuts a whimsical bookmark shape and obviously fits perfectly the illustrations from new All Booked Up Stamp Set too! The amazing new just released yesterday Coffee House Stories Paper Pad and its book related designs are a wonderful addition to the bookmark product line!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new All Booked Up stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a fun DIY project that includes a super cute and colorful double sided bookmark and the bookmark holder made as a small slimline card base. The bookmark is attached to the base with two super cute paws, die cut with Bookmark Die Set from the new pattern paper, but I think that you can add an extra special touch to the paws by using flock sheets or paper with a velvet texture for a soft and warm effect! This card can be easily mailed to the recipient with a personalized message inside, explaining that the bookmark needs to be pulled out and can be used on its own.
Creating this project, I kept in mind my mom that never falls asleep without a good book! So I added on the kitty illustration the glasses to make the impression that the cat have just felt asleep reading books and its glasses are slipping away down. I believe this matches purr-fectly the cutest pun stamped on the bottom of the bookmark.
Step By Step Instructions:
- CARD BASE
- Trim and score a small slimline card base (6″ x 3 1/2″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a 6″ x 3 1/2″ piece of patterned paper from Coffee House Stories Paper Pad and glue it on the card front.
- Die cut two paws from the same Coffee House Stories Paper Pad, using Bookmark Die Set, and glue them in the center of the card front, leaving the toes free. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- BOOKMARK – FRONT SIDE
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper the bookmark shape, using Bookmark Die Set.
- Stamp the kitty illustration and the sentiment from All Booked Up Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink in the center of the bookmark. If you use a stamping positioning tool, ink and impress the stamps a couple of times to achieve black solid outlines.
- Stamp apart on the same Neenah Solar White paper the glasses and fussy cut them with the the sharp small scissors.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- cat W00-W0-W1-W2-W3-W5 & R000-R02
- red R21-R22-R24-R29
- orange YR00-YR02-YR04-YR07
- yellow Y11-Y13-Y15-Y17
- green YG0000-YG00-YG01-YG05
- teal BG10-BG11-BG23-BG13
- blue B21-B24
- violet V000-V01-V12-V15-V17
- bright pink RV21-RV23-RV25
- grey T0-T1-T3
- Pain the glasses edges with a black brush tip marker and glue them on the bookmark.
- BOOKMARK – BACK SIDE
- Glue the front and the back sides of the bookmark together.
- Add ribbon throughs the hole and tie a bow with a twine to hold the ribbon in place.
- Slide the bookmark under the paws to secure it in place.
Would you like to win the “All Booked Up” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Wednesday November 17th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Thursday, November 18th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
That’s all for today! Hope you like today’s cute project! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!