Hello and welcome!
I’m so glad you’ve joined me today and even more excited to be on the Newton’s Nook Designs blog, sharing a fun and cute holiday card that features the most adorable mischievous cat from A Kitten Christmas Stamp Set.
- A Kitten Christmas Stamp Set
- A Kitten Christmas Die Set
- Christmas Puppies Stamp Set
- Christmas Puppies Die Set
- Frames & Flags Die Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating A Kitten Christmas Die Set and Christmas Puppies Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from A Kitten Christmas Stamp Set and Christmas Puppies Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- cat E0000-E30-E31-E35-E37 & RV00-R81
- red R21-R22-R24-R27
- yellow Y00-Y15
- orange Y35-YR04
- green YG05-G03-G07
- teal BG01-BG05
- violet V12-V15
- grey T0-T1-T3
- grey C00-C3
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a piece of a Bristol paper and ink it, starting from edges, with Black Soot Distress, Blueprint Sketch Oxide and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide inks.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray and a white gouache to add more interest. Let the piece air dry or heat set it.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from A Kitten Christmas Stamp Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the cardstock with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Fussy cut the sentiment with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little edge around.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front, by popping some on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Hand draw the light strings with a black marker.
- Finish with a coat of Wink of Stella clear glitter pen and Glossy Accents. Add some highlights with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute holiday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!