Hello and welcome to Day 1 of the SugarPea Spring Product Release!
The SugarPea Designs Creative Team and I are so excited to share a few of the projects created with AMAZING NEW SUMMER products! I hope you’ll join us over the next 5 days because we’ll be sharing Sweet Peeks for the products that will be available for purchase starting this Friday, July 2 at 2PM EST in the SPD Store. Each day will be full of inspiration, and as always, you’ll have a shot at winning one of GIVEAWAYS! All you need to do is leave a comment for your chance to win.
Please note that links to SPD store for these new products will not go LIVE until 2 PM EST on July 2, 2021.
Today’s introductions include… super fun and cute Captain of My Heart Stamp Set that comes with the coordinating Captain of My Heart SugarCut. The matching Pirate Treasure Map Stencil is a perfect addition to the SPD collection of stencils and just a must to use on the pirate cards. Last but not least there’s a stand alone Ahoy Word SugarCut that comes with a shadow layer.
On my stop of this hop you’ll find a fun and cute pirate card with a faux vintage paper background where I added a tone on tone map through the new stencil. I kept everything very simple and easy and just added some colorful spots with a copic colored stamps from Captain of My Heart Stamp Set. You can obviously recreate the same scene using any color medium you have on hand.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Copic X-Press paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Captain of My Heart SugarCut. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Captain of My Heart Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- skin E50-E51-E53-E55-E57
- hair E40-E41-E42-E43-E44
- red R20-R32-R14-R46-R89
- green YG0000-YG00-G20-G24-G94
- blue B0000-B91-B93-B97
- grey W3-W5-W7
- beaks Y17
- monkey E30-E21-E23-E25-E29 plus E000-E01-E11-E13
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Tear by hand a piece of a Bristol paper for the background.
- Ink it with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink, starting from edges. Used a blending brush for a smooth result.
- Tape well the Pirate Treasure Map Stencil with a removable tape to the distressed background and ink the pirate map with the same Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink.
- Add the “X” element with Fired Brick Distress Oxide ink.
- Arrange all the elements on the card front and pop them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a few clear sparkling sequins and some highlights, added with a white gel pen.
Would you like to win a $50 Gift Voucher to our store? Leave a comment below for your chance to win. TWO lucky commenters will be randomly selected from the Sweet Peek Week comments to win a $50 Gift Voucher! Winners will be announced on SPD blog: Monday, July 5th.
SPD Design Team has some amazing and creative inspiration for you using the products featured here today. You can visit each of our designers’ blogs below for details on their projects. And while you’re there be sure to leave a sweet comment for them, giving you an extra entry to win!
That’s all for today! Hope you like this fun project! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!!