Hello and welcome to Day 3 of the Newton’s Nook April release! Thank so much for stopping by! I can’t wait to share with you all the stunning new products!
All the new April products will be available for purchase on Friday, April 22nd at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
Who doesn’t like BBQ? I actually can’t choose if I like more making BBQ or making BBQ themed cards! LOL!!! If you’re like me, you will definitely fall in LOVE with new, so adorable and yummy Dad’s BBQ Stamp Set! In case you’re interested, there’s the coordinating Dad’s BBQ Die Set too!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Dad’s BBQ stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a cute and bright, obviously BBQ related card that just features adorable illustrations from Dad’s BBQ Stamp Set! I kept everything clean and simple, highlighting the stamps with basic copic coloring and them arranging them on a fun inked background since I didn’t want to overwhelm the layout and distract the eye from the stamps!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Dad’s BBQ Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Dad’s BBQ Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- buns YR20-YR21-YR23
- red R20-R22-R24-R27-R29-R39
- smoke R00-R12-R14
- teal BG10-BG11-BG23-BG49
- green YG0000-YG00-YG01-YG05
- yellow Y00-Y13
- grey C00-C0-C1-C3-C6-C7
- brown E30-E33-E37
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Take a piece of Tim Holtz Watercolor cardstock and ink it with Twisted Citron Distress and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide inks.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray and colorful inks diluted with a small amount of water.
- Die cut three stitched rectangles from the inked background, using A7 Frames & Banners Die Set.
- Stamp the sentiment from Dad’s BBQ Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements by popping some on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with some highlights added with a white gel pen, a couple of clear sparkling sequins adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte and a generous coat of a clear glitter pen.
Would you like to win the “Dad’s BBQ” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday April 21st at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday April 22nd.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cheerful and bright card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
The grilling stamp set is perfect for a masculine card. Thanks for sharing how you created this.
Wonderful card & directions for BBQ card.
Love the color blocking. fun card.
thanks for sharing
What a fun card!
What a great card with an awesome design! Love your coloring!
Great card with the panels and the sentiment for these images.
Your coloring is so good. I love the highlights.
Love the background panels and darling BBQ Set!
Pretty coloring and color combo! Love the BBQ set!
Awesome coloring and such a cute scene. Love this new set!
Love your ink blended paneled background & your pretty coloring of the BBQ grill, tools, & food!
What a wonderful card. Love the images! Thanks so much for the inspiration! 🙂
Cute card and I love your shading!
Love how you did the layout for this BBQ card – so pretty!
Nice scene created. I like the use of the blocks and the color scheme.