Hello and welcome to Day 1 of the Newton’s Nook March release! I’m so excited you’ve joined me today and can’t wait to share with you all the stunning new spring themed products!
All the new March products will be available for purchase on Thursday, March 17th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The Newton’s Nook Designs Design Team is kicking off this spring release week with the most beautiful floral Best Mom Oval stamp set! Please, note that this set is also a new 4″x 8″ size and that it coordinates perfectly with another new-be – Oval Frames Die Set! Besides, there’s a wonderful new addition to the pattern paper collection from NND with Springtime Paper Pad!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Best Mom Oval stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a cheerful and bright watercolor card dedicated to all wonderful moms! I decided to stamp the floral illustration with a black pigment ink and then heat embossed the stamp lines with a detailed clear embossing powder to protect them from color contamination and keep nice, black and crisp! Then I simply added colors with water based markers from Karin Brushmarker Pro set and made a bit of simple blending with water!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Prep a piece of Strathmore Bristol paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Stamp the floral oval and the sentiment from Best Mom Oval Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black pigment. Use a stamping tool if you have it in your stash to help you with the arrangement.
- Heat emboss the stamp lines, using a fine detail embossing powder.
- Die cut the illustration with a scalloped frame from Oval Frames Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Color the stamp with water based markers. I used KARIN BRUSHMARKER PRO set:
- yellow 0220, 166, 272
- orange 216, 357, 195
- pink 168, 375, 170
- green 071, 210
- Die cut the pink striped oval, using Springtime Paper Pad and Oval Frames Die Set.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Desert Storm paper.
- Arrange all the elements on the card front and glue in place by popping the scalloped oval on a foam tape to add a bit of dimension. Wrap a kraft twine around and tie a bow before securing the colored flowers.
- Finish with a couple of clear sparkling sequins.
Would you like to win the “Best Mom Oval” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Wednesday March 16th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Thursday March 17th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cheerful and bright card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
The thin stripes with the flowers–beautiful. And the light background is a nice, natural touch.
I love how you are showing it used in a vertical way too, so pretty with the stripes, love the coloring!
Wonderful with good step by step directions.
Love the layering. that stripped paper
really adds to the design. thanks for
Love the striped paper – a lovely mother’s day card – like the oval dies too!
Very pretty in these colors and I like the striped background.
The stripes are a fab way to frame these lovely spring florals!
Such a bright and cheerful card! I love that striped BG against the flowers as well as the texture of the twine.
Love the twine and kraft paper! Beautiful!
Very pretty I like how you used the kraft paper it really makes the colors pop.
Its gorgeous card!
Love the beautiful pink, yellow, & orange watercolors that you used to color the flowers on your card. Really pretty! The pink striped patterned paper oval behind your stamped image is a great contrast to the flowers.
Darling card! I love the twine bow, it gives it a bit of a cottage feel to the card.
Awesome stamps and dies! I love the way you colored the flowers!
I love the pink and yellow color combo with this stamp. It is so pretty.
Lovely set; so versatile and your card is lovely as well.
Love it! So adorable
very striking design – thanks for the ideas
Love the colors you used! I’m crossing my fingers to win this one!