Hello and welcome to the final day of the Newton’s Nook November release! Thanks so much for joining me these week and for all you sweet and kind comments! I appreciate so much your love and support!
All the new November products will be available for purchase on Thursday, November 18th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The last day of the Newton’s Nook Designs November release has reserved us super adorable cat and dog in Snow Angel Newton Stamp Set and Snow Angel Puppy Stamp Set. Please note that both these stamp sets come with the coordinating Snow Angel Newton Die Set and Snow Angel Puppy Die Set. And more… there’s another small, but so cute Roll With It Stamp Set that can be used on its own or as a sentiment combined with other snow related stamps.
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away both new Snow Angel Newton and Snow Angel Puppy stamp sets to lucky winners so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
Inspired by the DIY bookmark project that I shared yesterday, I decided to create more cards with a bookmark insert featuring the cutest kitty and puppy stamps that the recipient can use on its own over and over again. I came up with a corner bookmark that doesn’t requite a specific bookmark die, but fits NND set of basic square dies. Working on small Roll With It Stamp Set, I filled in the whole card front by repeatedly stamping it all across and then added a bit of colors with copic markers.
- Snow Angel Newton Stamp Set (for kitty card)
- Snow Angel Puppy Stamp Set (for puppy card)
- Snow Angel Puppy Die Set
- All Booked Up Stamp Set
- Frames Squared Die Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- BOOKMARK – FRONT SIDE
- Die cut from Strathmore Bristol paper a small rounded edge square (3 1/4″ size), using Frames Squared Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Stamp the kitty or the puppy illustration and the sentiment from Snow Angel Newton Stamp Set or Snow Angel Puppy Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink in the center of the square. I used MISTI stamping positioning tool on this projects.
- Color the stamp with water based markers, making the blending with a small water brush. I used on both cards TOMBOW DUAL BRUSH MARKERS & ZIG CLEAN COLOR REAL BRUSH MARKERS:
- cat TMB N55 and Zig n.94 Grey Brown
- dog TMB 947 and Zig n.61 Light Brown
- pinks Zig. n.71 Flesh Colour; TMB 723
- reds TMB 845; TMB 847; TMB 905
- teals TMB 451; TMB 452; Zig n.42 Turquoise Green
- BOOKMARK – BACK SIDE
- Die cut from Strathmore Bristol paper a small rounded edge square (3 1/4″ size), using Frames Squared Die Set.
- Stamp the sentiment from All Booked Up Stamp Set and a couple of snowflakes from Snow Angel Newton Stamp Set or Snow Angel Puppy Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink. See the pictures below.
- CORNER BOOKMARK BASE
- Trim a 7″ x 7″ piece of a red cardstock. I used The Stamp Market Cherry Kisses cardstock.
- Trim it diagonally to achieve 2 triangles. You will need only one triangle for each bookmark.
- Score the triangle at 3 1/2″ mark on both sides from the 90o angle.
- Close both scored flaps to get 3 1/2″ by 3 1/2″ square.
- Glue the colored kitty or puppy front square and the back side square on the red bookmark base. See the picture below.
- CARD BASE
- Trim and score a square card base that measures 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Die cut from a light teal cardstock a scalloped square, using Frames Squared Die Set. I used The Stamp Market Sea Glass cardstock.
- Cut a diagonal line through the center of the teal scalloped square and glue it to the card base leaving enough space in the bottom corner to slide the bookmark inside. See the picture below.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Trim a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Neenah Solar White paper for the background.
- Repeatedly stamp Roll With It Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink all across to create a continuous pattern . If you use a stamping positioning tool, ink and impress the illustration a couple of times to achieve bold black outlines.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- blue B21-B24-B28-B69
- teal BG0000-BG10-BG11-BG13
- violet V01-V15-V17
- green YG00-YG01-YG05
- orange YR00-YR04-YR07
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from a dark blue cardstock.
- Pop the colored background on a foam tape in the center of the card front.
- Finish with some matching sequins adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
Would you like to win the “Snow Angel Newton ” or the “Snow Angel Puppy” Stamp Set? NND will choose ONE lucky winner for each stamp set!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Wednesday November 17th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Thursday, November 18th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
That’s all for today! Hope you like today’s cute projects! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!