Hello and welcome to Day 1 of the Newton’s Nook November release! I’m so excited you’ve joined me today and can’t wait to share with you all the stunning new products!
All the new November products will be available for purchase on Thursday, November 18th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The Newton’s Nook Designs Design Team is kicking off this release week with absolutely stunning Time For Coffee Stamp Set that will make to fall in love not only the coffee lovers! Please note that there’s the coordinating Time For Coffee Die Set. And more… I’m so excited to see another wonderful addition to the NND collection of pattern papers with new Coffee House Stories Paper Pad filled with many amazing colorful and tone-on-tone designs!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Time for Coffee stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a clean and simple watercolor card featuring both the amazing new stamps and pattern paper. I created a couple of layout elements alone with a vellum circle for the background, using NND basic die sets. The stamps were simply watercolored with water based markers to match the tones on the pattern paper.
- Time For Coffee Stamp Set
- Time For Coffee Die Set
- Coffee House Stories Paper Pad
- Frames & Flags Die Set
- Circle Frames Die Set
- Banner Trio Die Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Strathmore Bristol paper all the elements you need for your card, using the coordinating Time For Coffee Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Time For Coffee Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color all the elements with water based markers, making the blending with a small water brush. I used:
- TOMBOW DUAL BRUSH MARKERS
- 192; 243; 899; 977
- ZIG CLEAN COLOR REAL BRUSH MARKERS
- n.50 Yellow
- n.61 Light Brown
- n.83 Lilac
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Desert Storm paper.
- Die cut a faux stitched rectangle and a fish-tail banner from Coffee House Stories Paper Pad, using Frames & Flags Die Set.
- Die cut a circle from vellum, using Circle Frames Die Set.
- Die cut a smaller faux stitched banner for the sentiment from a black cardstock, using Banner Trio Die Set.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Time For Coffee Stamp Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the cardstock with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Arrange all the elements on the card front and glue them in place by popping some on a foam tape for fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a couple of matching sequins adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
Would you like to win the “Time for Coffee” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Wednesday November 17th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Thursday, November 18th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
That’s all for today! Hope you like today’s coffee card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!