Hello and welcome!
Today I keep sharing more examples from new absolutely stunning holiday collections of rubber stamps by Purple Onion Designs! My today’s card features a couple of wonderful illustrations from I’ll Be Home For The Holidays collection designed by Stacey Yacula. The theme behind I’ll Be Home For The Holidays is spending time with family & friends while enjoying the festivities and traditions of the holiday season with one another. This is something that many of us had to forgo parts of last year. May this collection and my card put a smile on your face as you look forward to this upcoming holiday season!
SALE ALLERT! For a limited time, you can purchase the entire I’ll Be Home For The Holidays collection bundled with the Home For The Holiday Sentiment Set for $128.00. This is about a 30% savings. The bundle consists of all 21 new stamps and the sentiment set, which consists of 11 sentiments. This offer is available until Friday, November 12, 2021.
- Gathered (Animals Dining) Stamp
- Stanley (Penguin Carrying Turkey) Stamp
- Home For The Holidays Sentiment Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Transotype Perfect Colouring Paper Gathered (Animals Dining) and Stanley (Penguin Carrying Turkey) stamps with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Fussy cut all the stamps with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around (including the top edge of the background).
- Color all the elements with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- grey W00-W0-W1-W2-W3-W5-W7
- brown E0000-E30-E31-E33-E35-E37
- yellow/ orange Y00-YR20-YR21-Y35-YR23-YR24
- pink R000-R00-R01-R02
- red R30-R32-R35-R37-R39
- teal BG10-BG11-BG15
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Home For The Holidays Sentiment Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the cardstock with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Die cut from a Bristol paper a faux stitched rectangle, using Heffy Doodle’s Stitched Rectangles Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Tape well Newton’s Nook Designs Tiny Trees Stencil with a removable tape to the die cut rectangle and ink it with Milled Lavender Distress ink and Seedless Preserves Distress ink. Lift up the stencil and keep inking the whole piece with a lighter hand. Use the blending brushes for a soft and smooth result.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray, a white gouache and a colorful ink to add more interest. Let the piece air dry or heat set it.
- Partially die cut from Neenah Desert Storm paper the bottom piece of the background, using the same Stitched Rectangles Die Set.
- Assemble all the elements together using a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Add a few highlights with a white gel pen and a generous coat of a clear glitter pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute holiday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!