Hello and welcome to Day 2 of the SugarPea Summer Product Release!
The SugarPea Designs Creative Team and I are so excited to share a few of the projects created with AMAZING NEW SUMMER products! I hope you’ll join us over the next 4 days because we’ll be sharing Sweet Peeks for the products that will be available for purchase starting this Friday, July 2 at 2PM EST in the SPD Store. Each day will be full of inspiration, and as always, you’ll have a shot at winning one of GIVEAWAYS! All you need to do is leave a comment for your chance to win.
Please note that links to SPD store for these new products will not go LIVE until 2 PM EST on July 2, 2021.
Today’s introductions include… wonderful Life Is A Picnic SugarCut filled with so many dies that will allow to create easily lovely picnic scenes. Plus the matching amazing Sunshine Word SugarCut with a shadow layer and Sunshine Sentiments Stamp Set that will suit many themes and projects.
On my stop of this hop you’ll find a colorful picnic scene die cut from awesome Life Is A Picnic Set! Instead of digging in my stash of colorful paper, I quickly die cut all the elements from Neenah Solar White cardstock and then add color with copic markers, making a super simple blending.
- Life Is A Picnic SugarCut
- Sunshine SugarCut
- Sunshine Sentiments Stamp Set
- Backyard BBQ SugarCut
- Sunburst Stencil (Psss… this stencil is a little peek on Day 3 of the Summer Release.)
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut all the elements you need, using Life Is A Picnic SugarCut and Backyard BBQ SugarCut. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Color the die cuts with copic markers. I used:
- basket E40-E42-E43-E44
- cheese Y11-Y21-Y35
- baguette YR30-YR20-YR21-YR23
- wine glasses, watermelon and apples R32-R24-R29-R46
- wine bottle G20-G43
- watermelon peel and apple leaves YG03
- watermelon seeds 100
- Die cut a gingham tablecloth, using Life Is A Picnic SugarCut and MFT Tiny Check pattern paper.
- Die cut from a copper metallic paper the Sunshine Word and a couple of details from Life Is A Picnic SugarCut.
- Die cut another Sunshine Word from a plain white cardstock. Stack two layers together.
- Glue all the picnic elements together with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Mask the bottom part of the card front with a masking paper, tape well the Sunburst Stencil with a removable tape and ink the Sun rays with Squeezed Lemonade Distress, Mustard Seeds Distress and Fossilized Amber Distress inks.
- Lift up the stencil and add more color all across with a lighter hand.
- Flick some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray over the rays. Lift up the masking paper.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Sunshine Sentiments Stamp Set.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front, by popping some of them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with some highlights, added with a white gel pen.
Would you like to win a $50 Gift Voucher to our store? Leave a comment below for your chance to win. TWO lucky commenters will be randomly selected from the Sweet Peek Week comments to win a $50 Gift Voucher! Winners will be announced on our blog: Monday, July 5th.
SPD Design Team has some amazing and creative inspiration for you using the products featured here today. You can visit each of our designers’ blogs below for details on their projects. And while you’re there be sure to leave a sweet comment for them, giving you an extra entry to win!
That’s all for today! Hope you like this sweet summer project! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!!