Hello and welcome to Day 3 of the Newton’s Nook April release! Thanks so much for joining me today and leaving all your nice and sweet comments! I appreciate so much all you love and support!
All the new April products will be available for purchase on Friday, April 23rd at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
I know there’re a lot of dog people out there who are screaming right now on the sight of new adorable Puppy Friends Stamp Set. This set gave me an inspiration for a cute and bright CAS project. In case you’re interested, this set comes with the coordinating Puppy Friends Die Set.
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Puppy Friends stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
- Puppy Friends Stamp Set
- Puppy Friends Die Set
- Gnome Garden Stamp Set
- Gnome Garden Die Set
- Say Woof Stamp Set
- Petite Clouds Stencil
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Strathmore Bristol paper the cute puppy and a couple of accessories, using the coordinating Puppy Friends Die and Gnome Garden Die Sets. I used on this project Sizzix Big Short Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Puppy Friends Stamp and Gnome Garden Stamp Sets with VersaFine Onyx Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with water based markers. I used on this card:
- TOMBOW DUAL BRUSH MARKERS
- N79 – 025 – 055 – 133 – 173 – 723
- 743 – 755 – 873 – 899 – 905 – 933
- ZIG CLEAN CLOUR REAL BRUSH MARKER
- N.61 Light Brown
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Stamp some paw prints from Say Woof Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black ink towards the right side of the card base.
- Trim a piece of Distress Watercolor Cardstock and ink it with Cracked Pistachio Oxide, Mermaid Lagoon Oxide, Blueprint Sketch Oxide Distress inks.
- Add somme water droplets from Distress Sprayer and a few colorful splashes, using Distress inks diluted with a small amount of water and a regular small brush.
- Tape well Petite Clouds Stencil to the inked background, using a removable tape, and apply a generous coat of a white embossing paste.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Puppy Friends Stamp Set. Shape the piece into a fish-tail banner with the small sharp scissors.
- Trim a rectangle panel from Neenah Solar White paper to cover the bottom part of the card front.
- Arrange and pop all the elements on the card front using a foam tape for fun dimensional look.
Heat set the wet embossing paste on the clouds with a heat gun. The heat will make the embossing paste puff out and bubble, adding an extra fun dimensional touch to your project.
Would you like to win the “Puppy Friends” Stamp Set? NND will choose ONE lucky winner for this stamp set!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday April 22nd at 9pm ET to comment – winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, April 23rd.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute and sweet card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!